Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Why Do You Build Me Up?

I finished The Princess Bride a couple of nights ago, so it’s official: I’ve read 56 books this year. The book was a lot of fun, and since I’m pretty sure everybody has seen the movie, I don’t think it’s necessary to elaborate.
I’ve only seen the movie once (and it was only four years ago), and, from what I remember, it’s a faithful adaptation of the book. Then again, William Goldman wrote both, so it’d be kinda hard to be otherwise.I liked the story, but my favorite part was probably all the fake real story surrounding the book, and how Goldman talked to Stephen King, and Goldman’s family –the fat kid, the bitchy wife-. They’re nicely intertwined, and even though those interludes break the pace occassionally, they’re entertaining. So, go ahead and spend some (more) time with Westley and Buttercup. It’s fun!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, good to know the book is good. I've seen the movie about a million times, so I'll have to check it out. By the way, by the time you get back home, I'll be living at Ridgemont. Scary, huh??

Mario Alba said...

Hey Kristin! I was missing you!
Yeah. I remember you told me you'd be living there, so I guess we're gonna be having parties every other day.
I'll be back Tuesday night, so I'll go say hi on Wednesday. Have a wonderful celebration tonight!

Anonymous said...

oh you too! I will be packing all night and then painting the new place all day tomorrow...blah...

You were in a dream of mine last night...no clue why! That's why I thought I'd pop over and leave a comment. And no, not a sex dream, you perv. Ok, maybe a sex dream. I really don't remember to be honest.

Mario Alba said...

Well, have fun packing (doubtful) and painting (even more so). If I was there, I'd offer to help. What a shame...

The dream is interesting though. The reason why I was in your dream is because, subconsciously, you remembered it was my birthday, so your twisted psyche decided to invite me to celebrate it. So maybe I got some kind of present in the dream, hahahaha.

Mario Alba said...

(I was of course referring to a sex-related present.)

Anonymous said...

That had to be it....hehehe. I had no idea it was your birthday! Happy birthday! You're what, 35 now? ;) You really do need a myspace or something where I can comment overload you without doing it on your blog where everything I say is totally unrelated to the subject matter.

Mario Alba said...

Thanks. And yeah: 35 or something like that...
And randomness is welcome, so I don't think I need a Myspace page ;)

Anonymous said...

By the way, last week I've bought The Princess Bride (talking about the book here), not to mention The Plot To Save Socrates. Really looking forward to reading them.
:)

Mario Alba said...

Awesome! Let us know what you think of those :)

Anonymous said...

Let you know I will. Just give me a couple of months... :(

Mario Alba said...

Read faster!

Anonymous said...

Only thing I can promise is that I'll do my best. At best.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Just take your time and enjoy the written word. It deserves it!